We need someone who will stand up to Obama...not go along with his immigration plan or his push for expanded trade authority. INSIST ON SOMEONE WHO DEFENDS CONSERVATIVE PRINCIPLES!
The House will soon be voting on Boehner's replacement,
- 62% of GOP voters say they want a Speaker who fights for conservative principles, according to an AP poll.
- 93% of GOP voters oppose Ryan on immigration, a recent Pew poll indicates.
- According to Breitbart, "In 2013, while aggressively stumping for Rubio's immigration plan, Ryan called for the implementation of open borders immigration policies which would allow for the legal and free movement of foreign labor and foreign goods across national boundaries."
and for others in House leadership.
Conservatives have a historic opportunity to take back the House of Representatives and install principled leadership – those who will honor their oath and listen to their constituents.
The following standouts are possibilities for leadership in the House:
Rep. Daniel Webster
of Florida – former speaker of the Florida House who has been endorsed by 80% of the U.S. House Freedom Caucus to replace Boehner.
Rep. Jim Jordan
of Ohio – chair of the House Freedom Caucus and former chair of Republican Study Committee, who has long been touted by conservatives as a possible successor to Boehner.
Rep. Jeb Hensarling
of Texas – chair of the House Financial Services Committee and former chair of the House Republican Conference, who, like Jordan, is frequently mentioned for the Speakership.
Rep. Mark Meadows
of North Carolina – who set the stage for Boehner's resignation by introducing a "resolution to vacate the chair" in July, forcing a showdown after the August recess.
Rep. Louie Gohmert
of Texas – outspoken Tea Party Caucus member who was among the first congressmen to challenge Boehner for Speaker last January.
Rep. Dave Brat
of Virginia – who defeated Majority Leader Eric Cantor last year and is a rising conservative star in his own right; would be an outstanding leader in some role in the House.
...and many others.
WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER "ESTABLISHMENT" REPUBLICAN FOR SPEAKER LIKE PAUL RYAN
– who supports open borders, led the fight to give Obama sweeping new trade authority, and now
plans to make it harder to remove a House Speaker by gutting Thomas Jefferson's longstanding rule to "Vacate the Chair."
From now until the House elects new leadership, your representative needs to hear from you.
DEMAND that your representative vote in favor of the best conservative leadership available. We need immediately to flood Capitol Hill AND
home district offices with PHONE CALLS, EMAILS, FAXES, and SOCIAL MEDIA
with a unified voice: GIVE US A STRONG CONSERVATIVE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE
– someone who will lead with courage and not cave to pressure from Democrats or the media – AND GIVE US EQUALLY STRONG CONSERVATIVE LIEUTENANTS
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
WE ARE THE VOTERS
who, on November 4, gave the Republican Party a majority in both chambers of the 114th Congress, with a MANDATE TO STOP THE LAWLESS USURPER, BARACK OBAMA, and his unconstitutional, tyrannical "transformation" of America.
Yet, time and time again, House leadership has BETRAYED the American people by siding with Obama and the Democrats, while cooperating with the spineless Senate Majority Leader, Republican Mitch McConnell, in that capitulation.
Unless we get markedly better leadership in the House, Obama will continue to dismantle our country with only token, impotent resistance from Republicans.
MAKE NO MISTAKE: WE NEED A REAL LEADER AS SPEAKER – NOT A DOORMAT FOR OBAMA, NANCY PELOSI, HARRY REID, OR MITCH MCCONNELL!
And we need BETTER SUBORDINATE LEADERS
– not those prone to "politics as usual"! There are many decent members
of Congress available to lead who will respect the electorate and are willing to stand up for America.
We must demand new congressional leadership who will fight for us!
If ANYTHING is EVER to change in Washington, we need YOU to help us by being unremitting in your demands for accountability and responsiveness from House Republicans – NOW!
VIDEO: Rep. Daniel Webster: Conservatives Upset 'Because They Don't Get Heard' –
More articles & videos –
- Since 2012, right-wing media stars have soured on Paul Ryan (Washington Examiner)
- Young gun shot down as conservatives reject Paul Ryan for Speaker of the House (Politicus USA)
- GOP establishment stands by as activists pummel Ryan (Politico)
- Confirmed, again: Paul Ryan is not running for Speaker of the House (Breitbart)
- Conservatives organize to 'Fire Paul Ryan' (Washington Examiner)
- Fire Paul Ryan
- Would a Speaker Ryan push through amnesty? (National Review)
- In the last stage of corruption, is resistance possible? (Alan Keyes)
- More Republicans join speakership race as Paul Ryan's nascent campaign falls apart on the runway (Breitbart)
- 'GOP vs. GOP' for control of the party (NBC News) [VIDEO]
- 10 commitments the next speaker and House leaders should make (Dave Brat)
- NumbersUSA president: Paul Ryan ‘terrifying,’ ‘open borders seeps out of every pore of his being’ (Breitbart)
- Paul Ryan likely to strong-arm Obama trade deal as Speaker of the House (Breitbart)
- Some conservatives quietly campaign against Ryan for speaker (Reuters)
- Flashback – 2010 book 'Young Guns: A New Generation of Conservative Leaders' by Eric Cantor, Kevin McCarthy, and Paul Ryan [VIDEO]
- Review of ‘Young Guns’ by Joshua Norman of Goodreads (Google Books, July 2013)
- Amazon customer review of 'Young Guns' five years later (Amazon, Oct. 2015)
- Heritage scorecard rates Paul Ryan at 55% (Heritage Action)
- Did lawmaker hand Rush the cat out of the bag? (Wes Vernon)
- Tom DeLay: House Freedom Caucus stronger 'than people suspect' (Newsmax) [VIDEO]
- Rep. Paul Ryan 'seriously considering' speakership bid (Newsmax)
- Yes, Boehner must go. Here’s an idea: Jim DeMint for Speaker (Red State, June 28, 2013)
- Conservatives blast Boehner for delaying Speaker vote (The Hill)
- Rep. Walter Jones angered that Boehner delayed speaker vote (Newsmax)
- Conservatives weigh 'vacating' speaker chair (Washington Examiner)
- McCarthy withdraws from speaker race, election postponed (National Review)
- Boehner says he'll stay until replacement is chosen (Washington Times)
- GOP shocker! Kevin McCarthy drops out of speaker race (Garth Kant)
- Viguerie on speaker race: Grassroots 'white-hot with anger' over lack of leadership (Newsmax) [VIDEO]
- The nightmare scrambling of the speaker's race (Wes Vernon)
- Conservatives insist Kevin McCarthy not certain to become speaker (Daily Signal)
- MUST SEE VIDEO: Gowdy blasts McCarthy over controversial Benghazi comments (Conservative Intel) [VIDEO]
- House Freedom Caucus announces support of Webster for House speaker (Conservative Intel)
- Conservatives: No one has the votes for House speaker...yet (Susan Ferrechio) [VIDEO]
- Daniel Webster's bid for House speaker gives GOP another option (Washington Times)
- Is there any chance for strong leadership on Capitol Hill? One can hope (Wes Vernon)
- Utah Congressman Chaffetz jumps into Republican speaker race (Bloomberg)
- Chaffetz has made a career confronting establishment (Associated Press)
- Jordan: Republicans 'forfeit before the ref blows the whistle' (Washington Examiner)
- Kevin McCarthy hands over election to Hillary (Newsmax)
- Lawmakers wary of McCarthy's ability to deliver GOP message (Washington Examiner)
- McCarthy could face serious challenge from Chaffetz in speaker's race (National Review)
- McCarthy isn't speaker yet, but some conservatives want to 'fire' him already (Fiscal Times)
- McCarthy's GOP critics see opening after his Benghazi blunder (The Hill)
- A bold idea for House Republicans (Joseph Farah)
- Boehner resignation: Chance to save Americans' sovereignty (Alan Keyes)
- A litmus test for the new Speaker (Dick Morris)
- Republicans distance themselves from McCarthy over Benghazi comments (Newsmax)
- Can Kevin McCarthy, House speaker favorite, go from buddy to boss? (New York Times)
- Good riddance, John Boehner (Thomas Sowell)
- Boehner sets House leadership elections for Oct. 8 (CNN)
- Conservative Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan in cross hairs of speaker's race (USA Today)
- Freedom Caucus flexes muscle in Speaker's race (The Hill)
- Rep. Webster on Speaker's race: 'I'm in this to win' (The Hill)
- Dick Morris: GOP establishment House members want McCarthy in speaker's chair (Newsmax) [VIDEO]
- House GOP meeting resolves nothing as leadership fights brew (National Review)
- Mark Levin warns House Republicans: Do not support Kevin Mccarthy for speaker (Breitbart)
- Mark Levin says who should — and who shouldn’t — be the next House Speaker (The Blaze)
- Meadows wins, Boehner resigns (Conservative Review)
- Race to replace Boehner expected to be another leadership vs. conservative caucus showdown (Fox News)
- Rep. Brat on GOP Leadership: ‘We’re Not Winning…I’d Give Them All F’s’ (CNS News) [VIDEO]
- Gohmert: Next speaker will be ‘more conservative’ than Boehner (Breitbart) [VIDEO]
- Florida Rep. Webster vows strong challenge to McCarthy for Speaker (Newsmax)